Most of us spend the best time of our lives in earning money without caring for health and spend most of the amount earned in vain to regain the lost health. Preventive medicine is a new concept developed in early 1970’s with the purpose of promoting good health to prevent disease and thereby reducing the medical costs.
Although preventive care is good for everyone, it is difficult to observe the benefits in seniors due to wide variety of reasons such as reduced activity, age related illness. But as per the famous saying “An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure”, it is never too late to implement preventive care techniques and reap the benefits.
Some of the preventive care techniq
• First step of preventive care is to consult a physician and get a routine health check up done.
• Get all the important vaccination like Tetanus-diphtheria , Flu, Pneumococcal pneumonia, Shingles, and Whooping cough.
• Aging is inevitable, but you can age gracefully by regular exercising. Aim for 30 minutes a day and 5 days a week moderate exercises like swimming, walking, jogging.
• Eat healthy, nutritious, and balanced diet.
• Develop positive thinking and approach towards life.
US Preventive medicine provides useful and latest information about preventive medicine care in United States.www.webmd.com and www.rxlist.com provides the users with some general and required knowledge about various health aspects.
Following is a video on preventive medicine for seniors